Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Is. . . (Part 2)

Christmas is Christ and setting up the Nativity.
 (This year's nativity set up -- for those who haven't seen the new wall color in my living room -- you get the idea in these pictures.
(Below: the set up a couple of years ago)


I love when Jackson sets it up.  He gets it.  There really would be breathing room only, and everyone would probably be crowded around the Son of God. 

Christmas is Homemade Treats

Pictured above are the turtles I made last year.  My grandma made these every year while I was growing up, and they are my favorites.  I didn't make any this year.  My other favorite treats include white chocolate pretzels (or anything else smothered in white chocolate) and sugar cookies.  My mom makes peanut butter cups, chocolate covered cherry candies, coconut balls, Rice Krispie Balls, Mexican Wedding cake cookies, and oodles more. 

Christmas is Counting Down
 This is the calendar I found at Target a few years back. In normal years, it's filled with scriptures and candy each day.  This year, I'm lame.  There's nothing.  Both boys, however, did have the traditional chocolate countdown calendars.  Jackson made a chain as well with some friends last month.   Jackson has already informed me that there are only 367 days until Christmas 2013. . .

 Christmas is Family
 We love having Christmas at our house, but when we don't have family come to visit, we are terribly lonely.  So, this year, we are going to fix that and make sure we see our family.  Jackson's counting down to that, too.

Below is pictured my Sister-in-law holding Cole and my niece (not her daughter) last year in November.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are two very nice nativity sets! 367 days until next Christmas!?!? A little early there, young man. We went and saw the Christmas concert at the D.C. visitor's center tonight. Very crowded.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!