Saturday, July 14, 2007

Matt's news

For those of you who didn't know, Matt was (and is until they find a replacement) the manager for BYU Radio. BYU Radio is NOT the classical radio station here in Utah. Actually, it is the official BYU station that you can listen to on the web. There are two "sub-stations," so to speak. BYU Radio itself is a station designated to playing church-related, and college-related music as well as broadcasting sports games, devotionals, conference talks, and other university happenings. The other station, the Instrumental channel, plays non-lyrical music 24 hours a day. It's nice, light music. You may listen and think, "Wow, I hear the same music all the time!" Well, you would be mostly wrong. BYU Radio and the Instrumental station have more music in their libraries than most FM radio stations.

Okay, now that I've briefed you on BYU Radio, I can move on to other news. Matt was hired this past week as a media engineer for BYU Broadcasting. Although Matt enjoyed his job as BYU Radio manager, he was missing doing the things he REALLY loves -- you know, being a "fix-it" man. Since he's worked there for over 7 years, he knows more about the computers, servers and connections there than anyone else. He would love to deal exclusively with that type of stuff. Anyway, they opened an engineering position, and after going through the whole process, he got it!! He's very excited, and he'll be bringing home a little bit more money each month. Of course, we won't have enough to buy a house, but maybe now we can gradually start saving for some sort of down payment.

7 comments:

  1. That's great news. I actually listen to BYU Radio over the internet every Sunday while we're getting ready for church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so why did I need to read the blog to find this out. Was I not supposed to be contacted by my Sister and told in person?

    This is way cool! Maybe now you can come and see Indy with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting! Congratulations! You guys look great...it's so fun to see pictures of Jackson. Keep them coming!
    Lindsey Servino

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really AWESOME!!! Congrats to Matt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo, that's really exciting! How's it going so far?

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!