The pictures you're seeing are of my aunt's car. Yesterday I received a call in the evening as we were getting Jackson ready for bed. My aunt and her son were driving home from St. George after spending the day at the temple -- about a two hour drive. About 30 minutes from home, my aunt fell asleep at the wheel. The car rolled six times. One of the "neighbors" (there are very few houses out there on that stretch of road) witnessed the accident and called 911. Both passengers were buckled in, and both were spared from any major injuries: no broken bones or worse injuries. They were just beat up badly. My dad described them looking as if they'd played tackle football out in the sagebrush, and my aunt describes herself as looking like a Korean alien (obviously she's Korean). I'm very confident that the Lord was watching out for them as there were no other cars on the road and that the car's roll cage did its job. I'm grateful I'm still able to talk to my aunt and cousin, and I'm especially grateful for seat belts.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Seatbelts Save Lives
The pictures you're seeing are of my aunt's car. Yesterday I received a call in the evening as we were getting Jackson ready for bed. My aunt and her son were driving home from St. George after spending the day at the temple -- about a two hour drive. About 30 minutes from home, my aunt fell asleep at the wheel. The car rolled six times. One of the "neighbors" (there are very few houses out there on that stretch of road) witnessed the accident and called 911. Both passengers were buckled in, and both were spared from any major injuries: no broken bones or worse injuries. They were just beat up badly. My dad described them looking as if they'd played tackle football out in the sagebrush, and my aunt describes herself as looking like a Korean alien (obviously she's Korean). I'm very confident that the Lord was watching out for them as there were no other cars on the road and that the car's roll cage did its job. I'm grateful I'm still able to talk to my aunt and cousin, and I'm especially grateful for seat belts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes-I'm glad she's okay. Looks awful!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that they are okay! My sister's in-laws were in an accident (hit by drunk driver) right before their wedding and it was the seat belts that saved their lives too!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! It sounds like they were extremely blessed.
ReplyDelete