Sunday, September 30, 2007

Potty Training is not for Wimps

We've been slowly potty training Jackson, and I feel like he'll be in diapers forever. I've read books, and I've been trying really hard to let Jackson lead the way. All in all, I'm learning that some things come easier to different kids. Potty training is harder for Jackson. He shows all the signs of being ready except actually going on the potty. My favorite "sign" is watching him dance around and holding himself trying so hard NOT to go when he's wearing a diaper!! No, he won't pee in the toilet when we put him there, he only gets a few drops. He must have some sort of stage fright or fear of his little potty. I just have to keep telling myself to be patient and that he will eventually learn.

1 comment:

  1. My mother-in-law used this thing with my brother-in-law. It was a sensor that she place in his underwear that would go off (like an alarm) when it sensed moisture. It was supposed to help the child know to go to the bathroom. You would think that scaring a child with an alarm would have the opposite effect and make them wet their pants. What a weird invention. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!