Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Caller I.D.: How did I ever live without it?
Today I think my phone rang eight different times. I only answered three of those phone calls. The other five phone calls were either telemarketers or some political stuff. My philosophy is that if somebody really needs to talk to me or the information is important, the person will leave a message. However, if someone I know has called me, I usually call them back even if they didn't leave a message. One telemarketing company called at least three times. The final time Matt told them to quit calling and the man on the other end kept giving him the runaround about how hard it is to get off the list and it takes at least two weeks, and blahblahblah. Matt persisted until the guy gave in. I don't even pick up the phone anymore when I see that number. I also know that it's time to lock in a low interest rate now because time is running out. Well, how much time is left because you've been calling me for at least two months?! You can keep calling and wasting your time and money, but I'm not going to pick up the phone long enough for you to hear more than the click of me hanging up again. Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes I notice the same telemarketer # calling here multiple times a day and it drives me crazy! It's seriously harrasment. If I have talked to them in the past, it's no! My answer will never change. Sometimes our phone will have like 20 messages and most of them are telemarketers getting the machine. Frustrating. I can't believe that guy was trying to convince matt not to get on the list. I had a guy that called and said he was from the fraternal order of the police. He went right into a story about an officer that was killed and left his young family behind and this organization donates to these families so can he put me down for a $500 pledge? He persisted and persisted until he was down to asking for just $5. First of all, I could randomly call people and say something like that and ask for credit card #'s. There are too many scams now. I guess the only/best thing to do is just not answer the phone if you see that it's a telemarketer.
ReplyDeleteThe worst is when they start getting cell phone numbers...how annoying!
ReplyDelete