Yesterday my dad told me that he's noticed that I've been complaining about the snow a lot. Yes, it's very true. I can't wait for the days when Jackson gets to play outside for a couple of hours everyday. The poor kid has been couped up, and he's taken a liking to the Nintendo. I know, I know, what kind of mom lets her 4-year old son play video games?
Well, I've decided that there is some good coming out of this whole snowy season. I recently read an article on a local news website about how snow shoveling is strenuous exercise. The article actually focuses on the risk associated with shoveling snow for people who are at risk for heart attacks or people who haven't stayed active during the winter. However, this statement really made me feel better about shoveling snow: "Medical researchers say shoveling heavy snow equals about the exertion of running 9 miles an hour." Sweet! Imagine all of the calories I'm burning while shoveling my driveway and sidewalks! I'll be fit in no time.
Too bad I live at a complex that does all the shoveling for us! *sigh*
ReplyDeleteWheelwright Family, hopefully you will remember us, this is Emily and Scott Norton - we used to live in your ward at Wymount. Someone from Wymount found our blog and it opened up a ton of new family connections that we haven't heard from in so long. We loved seeing your pictures and reading a few of your updates. We had a baby boy this summer and if you happen to find time to visit, you are always welcome. www.nortonfamily.us
ReplyDeleteTake Care!
That almost makes me sad that we don't live in the snow....
ReplyDelete