Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 2: Playing the piano, Sharing, and the Old Swimming Hole

Since Nate and Cassie (my brother and sister-in-law) have had two kids, they haven't had much time alone at all. This morning my mom and I watched Jada, Payton, and Jackson so Nate and Cassie could go hiking with Ken and Aimee (I rode down with them). I just love this kid -- he's too darn cute!



Jackson loves Grandma's piano. I love how he looks a little suspicious in this shot.
Jackson taught Jada how to do the sit'n'spin. He's couting to 10 so they can take turns and share. Funny how two-year old Jada wasn't sure she liked the "sharing" idea. She caught on, though.
As a kid growing up, we would go swimming in the Panaca Spring. I never thought of it as a swimming hole since it is a natural spring, and the water is continuously flowing in and out of it (natural cleansing); but now I realize that it really is a swimming hole with fish, frogs, algae, rocks, and now even a rope swing! The water is so warm and refreshing, though.
Jackson didn't care to stay in too long, although he's getting much better at swimming in deep water. By swimming I mean wearing floaties and an inner tube. He really wanted to sit on the side and watch us all.
This is what I really remember about the spring -- the brothers "duking" it out in the water. Here Ken is about to dunk Nate.Nate's turn to get Ken.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun LeMira!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get Chris to swim in the spring! And he grew up swimming in it! Now he says it is just too gross! What a sissy boy! So we never go. I am jealous. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!