I spent a couple of hours in the morning swimming laps at the spring. It was so refreshing, and yet I was nice and tired later on in the day. In the afternoon we spent the day at my oldest brother's house in Caliente. We rode my other brother's 4-wheeler (we miss Adam as he's in Spain visiting relatives); played Blongo Ball and Bocce Ball; the kids played in the pools; and we visited and ate pizza and way too many snacks and treats. I sure love my family!
Pool Fun
Yes, I really rode it up the side of the mountain with my Dad and Jackson
Debbie, Chandler, Aimee, and Kenneth playing Bocce with Jillyn watching in the background.
Day 4
Today is Sunday, so we're relaxing and trying to stay cool in the very hot, dry weather. There's definitely a lack of cooling off at night here in this dessert.
Looks like a great time!
ReplyDeleteI hate to be the Picky Polly, but I'm pretty sure Panaca is in the desert. I like the idea of cooling off in a dessert, though. Mmmm, lounging in chocolate pudding. . .
ReplyDeleteI gotta ask: what is that yellow thing in the pool fun pic? At first I thought it was some toy in the air over that boy's head, but I clicked on it and now it looks like a space capsule that rolled down the hill. Did your party get crashed by aliens?
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteYes, cooling off in a big vat of "dessert" would be nice. Thanks for noticing my grammar error -- can't you tell I'm delirious from the heat?!
Oh, and the yellow thing -- I'm not sure. My brothers' bought and built their houses on someone else's land (duh!), but the guy still owns all the land around their houses. So, it could be something from that guy or maybe it's my brother's old septic tank (but I doubt it). They did recently replace theirs. Who knows?!
I hate to point it out but that big yellow thing is not an alien space craft. That would be much more glamorous than the truth. It's a septic tank.
ReplyDeleteMaybe aliens would like to come and take it away though. That might be nice.