I never did a post about going to the beach while we were in California. We went Thursday evening after our final Disneyland/California Adventure adventure (confusing, I know). Anyway, it was a little chilly compared to the "inland," and of course, since it was the Pacific Ocean -- it was FREEZING water. However, Jackson LOVED it! It was his first time, and so he was mesmerized by the water coming in and out and the pull of the water. My favorite memory though is of him falling in the water and coming up spitting because of the salt water. He keeps asking to go back, and so next summer I think I may convince Matt we need to go back out there. If we do, Cristin and Candace we may be calling you so we have some beach buddies! (I actually thought of both of you while we were there.)
Side note: The lady who took our family picture on the beach made the comment, "Holiday family photo quality for sure" about the picture. Um. . . no. Although I'm making it public by posting it here on our blog -- can you ever see me sending out my farmer's tan for our official 2008 family photo?!
Never.

By this point, he'd fallen in. . .

My favorite picture Matt took that day. Loooove it!

And one more of Jackson, just because I'm a bloggin' Mommy.

I'm thinking of an over-used-church-talk poem. Can you guess which one? It starts something like this, "I had a dream one night I was walking on a beach . . ."


I still think Matt's photos are awesome -- even if that poem comes to mind.
LeMira these pictures are so precious! The colored one where you say "by now he'd fallen in" says so much to me! I can tell by his mouth that he is excited to be there and probably waiting for the sand to start sucking out from under his feet.
ReplyDeleteAnd the one where Matt is holding his arms - both of them have smiles and Jackson's is just bigger. Thank you for these pix and send anymore my way! I'd love to see everyone.
Love to you all!
ps. I love the grin on that farmer-tanned body!!
So cute! Love the farmer's tan! At least you can see you've been tan at one point. Not me....it's either sunburn or no sunburn and no sunburn feels better :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad he loved the ocean. We went to the beach in Cali when Teri was four and she hated it! The pictures are fantastic too!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, Matt's photos are awesome. Looks like a fun vacation.
ReplyDeleteOh, man, am I behind the curve! I just discovered your new blog! For 7 months I just thought you stopped posting... Impressive, eh?? Anyhow, your trip to the beach looks fun, and Matt's pics are fantastic. Nice to have tabs on you again! :)
ReplyDeleteLet us know when you come out again. WE LOVE THE BEACH!
ReplyDeleteHey, I know the poem you are referring to. It's titled "Footprints" and Christine has the whole poem beautifully stitched and framed.
ReplyDelete