Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Puppet Master

Sometime in high school, Matt bought this puppet:

Can you guess what animal it is? A congratulatory pat on the back to whoever can guess!

A few weeks ago, I was visiting a friend recovering from surgery (Hi, Stephanie), and she is a master puppet maker and of course Jackson found them. When we got home, I dug Matt's puppet out of the closet to entertain Jackson, and he plays with him a lot. He loves to make the raspy voice that he seems to think goes along with the thing (because I tend to talk like that when I control the puppet). He much prefers that Matt or I be the puppet, but if all else fails, he'll be it. I just had to capture yesterday's moment because Jackson's been making me laugh with this hairy thing.

8 comments:

  1. I think it is some kind of monkey... I remember it has long arms and legs you can drape around your neck and arms. I wonder what funny things it says?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the thing! We must play with it next time we're in town?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am guessing a Sloth. I guess that because I think I heard you say that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought it was a funky looking lion, but in the picture where Jackson's holding it, it does remind me of some sort of monkey. Whatever it is, it is certainly strange looking. But, I can see how it can be lots of fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It kind of looks like a sloth to me...in a freaky kind of way. Puppets are awesome. I always forget about puppets; we should make some sock puppets or sack puppets.
    Jackson looks like he's having a great time with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a Lemur!
    I'm Aunt Karen in case you don't recognize my Mom K signature. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That thing is bigger than he is! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!