Thursday, October 23, 2008

Something good

I've realized that lately it probably seems that we're all really depressed and down because my posts have been a little depressing. Well, it's true that I have had some bouts of depression that have hit hard and suddenly. Thankfully, I've been able to work through them quite well. Anyway, to prevent depression hitting again, I've been more active (exercising everyday again -- it feels so good when I do) and trying to be more productive.

I'm thankful to Natalie and Ben for letting us buy their elliptical machine before they moved. With the chilly weather, I've still been able to exercise at a relatively decent hour in the day. I can feel my endurance and strength increasing. Now let's just hope that the fat decreases at the same time! Each day that I exercise, I'm happier because of all of the freed endorphins running around in my head, and I'm a much better mom. Thirty to forty-five minutes a day is all it takes.

I've also been working on more food storage stuff. I've dried some apples and peppers (from my garden), and I'm working on pickling some green tomatoes. They are some of my mom's favorites, and since I was never a fan of bread and butter pickles, I am, of course, making them myself. Perhaps I will acquire a like for them as I have squash and eggplant.

Finally, I finished Jackson's baby scrapbook last night! After four years, it's finally done! For my baby shower, Mindy was so kind to give me a scrapbook to get me started -- it's now complete. I can now work on his recent stuff until another one comes along. I guess it's time to get ahead otherwise it will NEVER happen.

Oh, and lately when I go to visit my friend Paige, Jackson does the funniest thing; but I always seems to forget to take my camera. When he was little he loved his saucer (okay, it wasn't ours, it was Mindy's), and he seems to remember all of the fun he had. Can't you just see the joy on his face? Well, Paige has a similar one for her baby, and Jackson somehow thinks it's for kids of all ages. Just imagine a four year old sitting in one now. Quite funny looking.

8 comments:

  1. That is such a cute picture of Jackson. I love his cute, chubby little cheeks.

    And keep it up with that elliptical! Endorphins are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on exercising and working on your food storage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think you do a great job of staying positive, even in the posts about waiting or being bummed--you always put a positive spin on it and it's obvious you're not wallowing in self pity!
    Oh, and that BlueStep stuff...we kind of haven't done any of it! My motivation is down the toilet or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! You are DONE with Jackson's baby book? That's AMAZING. What an accomplishment!

    Way to go on the exercising, too. I need to do a whole lot more of it. Rather, I need to do it PERIOD. *sheepish grin*

    Oh, and I agree with Jana--even when things are tough you always put a positive spin on it.

    I am JEALOUS that you are canning things out of your garden. That's so cool. So bread and butter pickles are made from green tomatoes? Did I read that right? Boy, I never knew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeMira you are doing great. Exercise away and hug Jackson for me when he will let you. Or hug his Dad for me, that will do.
    Love you,
    Mom-Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't even finished our weeding album let alone the 4 kids! You are so good to get it done....even if it is years later. :)

    I wish I could grow a garden...I don't have time, and it seems like when I try everything dies anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just stopped by your blog to say thanks for the encouragement. I have no idea how you handled the NICU for 5 months. I'm at 3 1/2 and SO READY to be out of there. Also, I loved your post about being sensitive. It's definitely something I'm learning to be more careful about, since I've had people say some pretty rotten things to me (without meaning to be awful, of course!) during all this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - I'm sorry you're having such a struggle adopting, but we'll add you to our prayers. I hope you'll be the next ones to win the adoption lottery, as your dad calls it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!