Thursday, February 5, 2009

Should have done this for Jackson's Birthday

My Firstborn

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
He wasn't my first pregnancy, but he was planned -- the first two pregnancies were not planned.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excited and nervous

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
NEVER!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
23

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Took a pregnancy test

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes

9. DUE DATE?
May 9

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes. I threw up at least once a day until 14 weeks

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Fruit, meat, and deep-fried stuff

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
Being lovey-dovey.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
At first I thought I really wanted a girl, but then a boy really excited me.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Not sure -- I couldn't really tell.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Yes -- he came very prematurely (25 weeks)

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Provo, UT

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
If I count the initial back pain and being flat on my back in the hospital for 48 hours, then I'd have to say about 72 hours. If you just count from the time they decided to take him, then it was only 2 hours.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
My husband and all of the on-call neonatal Intensive care staff.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
C-Section -- emergency

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Definitely

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
2 lbs. 1 oz.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
Thursday, January 29, 2004

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Jackson Ross

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
5 years old

3 comments:

  1. Awww...he's so adorable!

    Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. I have new giveaways posted :)

    http://www.themommy-files.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of him is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally figuring out this blog thing! It is so fun to see pictures of Jackson! Ellie just had her 5th birthday too and I thought about you guys. Jackson looks great (aside from the needle in the eye pictures :). He's such a cute kid. Good luck with the adoption process. We'll keep an ear out for anyone looking for adoptive parents. You guys would be the best!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!