Sunday, March 1, 2009

Where are they now?

I know you have all been wondering, sitting on pins and needles, anxious to know just what happened to us. We have not fallen off the face of the earth, but instead have been sucked into the Buying a House Vortex. You didn't know one existed? Well, buy a house, and you will quickly discover it. It will consume you and your life, and everyone around you will feel the effects of it.

Every day has been stressful -- some days more than others. I've had two migraines in the last week and a half (I usually get one a year). Overall, things are going well. I assume. I'm very stressed because I carry most of the load of preparing us for the move: cleaning, packing, cleaning, changing addresses, cleaning, finding insurance, cleaning, communicating with our lender and realtor, and cleaning some more. Matt has enough stress in his job (doing the work of 3 people right now - but that's a different saga in itself), and so I'm trying very hard to not make my side of things hard on him.

Good news, though: we close on the house tomorrow at 4 p.m. I know, I can't believe it. That day my grandmother turns 90 -- what a way for us to celebrate her life: signing away the next 30 years of our life to a bank. We've had many ask why I haven't posted pictures on the blog -- well, it's a PUBLIC blog, and thus I have been trying to not give out information about where the house is and such. Don't worry, though, very soon, when we have the keys in hand (on Thursday, hopefully) I will post a couple of pictures.

Oh, we'll officially move out and move in on Saturday, March 14.

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget to claim your $8k tax credit--that doesn't have to be repaid if you live there for 36 months. You could wait to get it on your 2009 return, but why wait? If you have already filed your 2008return, you can amend. IRS Forms 1040x and 5405. Enjoy!
    http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=204672,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! That will be so exciting once the move is all done with! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations To The Proud And Happy New Owners Of A House!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA! Moving is a TON of work, but think happy thoughts as you clean & pack up because it will be the LAST time you do this for a very long while! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!