One of the stipulations of buying a home was to get rid of our cable. It was an easy expense to cut, and honestly, I haven't missed it much. I still get to watch Lost, so I'm good. Matt may disagree as the Discovery Channel and the History Channel do not come in via antenna.
Anyway, this evening I was in need of some diversion from my long day, and I turned on the local PBS station. It was "Classic Movie" time, and they were running the 1960 version of Inherit the Wind. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it. Go check it out from your library. I had never seen it, but I immediately recognized Gene Kelly, Spencer Tracy, and that Darrin guy from Bewitched. It's a good reminder of how we should behave in a society with so much controversy.
I had watch Inherit the Wind in high school, read it, and write a paper on it. I also enjoyed it. It's a good old movie. We don't have cable, but we have Netflix hooked up to our t.v. Tell Matt that you can watch a gazillion history and discovery specials that way - instantly. Its great.
ReplyDelete