Monday, May 18, 2009

Hug a Tree

What happened at your house this morning? Here's what happened here:


What's that crane doing in front of my house?

Oh, just plucking my 2-ton (no joke) trees and carrying them over my house
and putting them in the road.
Here's my beautiful yard BEFORE the city cut down my trees.

AFTER:Good-bye Shade. Hellooo neighbors.

P.S. My five pine trees had to be cut because they were growing right in the power lines and were a HUGE fire hazard. Who knew? Well, not us when we bought the house. sniff, sniff.

13 comments:

  1. Trees in the air! over the house! in the street! That must have been exciting.
    Those stumps look like the start of something new! Run, run, jump up, run, run, jump up.... Jackson will enjoy playing on them, looking at the tree rings, watching the ants...Then there's the new project possibilities:
    Build an 8 foot tall interesting fence along the inside of the already existing fence...
    Plant some good-sized bushes, evergreens, in between the stumps mainly to hide the neighbors so close...
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sad about the trees!! Hopefully you can plant something beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really picture it like that w/o the trees. It's so weird! So much space! You could plant a fency-thing with the criss crosses on it and then grow ivy of some pretty flowering plants on it which would make it not see through. The only thing is like hello neighbor's whole house. Awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! The devastation! Definitely time to plant SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sad day. I would really miss the shade and the privacy. Good luck trying to find something that won't grow too big in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your trees!! I would be way sad. I hope Jackson got to watch the excitement with the construction equipment, at least (that's something my boys would LOVE).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be sad too. Try Lilac Bushes. Great in blocking the neighbors and they smell so good. We had them at the house I grew up in in American Fork and we have them now in Pleasant Grove.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would have been so paranoid that the crane would give way and a tree would go crashing through my roof. i'm guessing you all vacated the house just in case? :)

    i love the "hello neighbors" part. not the fact that they're part of your backyard now, but just the way you said it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow LeMira. We'll have to come up with a plan to make the backyard YOURS again.

    I've got ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. That second picture is AWESOME!!!

    Sorry about the trees but I sure appreciate your humor in writing about it! Hasn't the city ever heard of TRIMMING BACK?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is so sad. would hate me trees going anywhere!! why didn't you tie yourself to them or start living in one of them as a protest?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad! But so awesome to sees trees flying through the air.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is soooo sad. Nice trailer, though! ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!