Well, this is just another post to say "Thank You."
It's been three years since Matt and I made the decision that we were going to adopt a child. Three years ago we didn't know that it would take three years. Three years ago we didn't know where to start. Three years ago I didn't know we'd still be here, waiting. In three years, we have never had a birth mother contact us. We've had our caseworker contact us once, but that was in regards to a situation that we just weren't ready to "relive."
I cannot say, though, that our three years feel long and waiting because of any of you. Every once in a while, I begin to feel down and wonder if we'll ever get our chance. Then, some little act of kindness unexpectedly manifests. This morning I checked my email, and there was a message from LDSFS via our Contact Page from our Profile. Although the message was not from a birth mom, it was from a sweet lady who had heard about us from one of you. In her message she told us she sent her love and support for us. I was so touched by her kind words.
I have to admit, I wondered if the whole "Contact Us" page really worked. Since we'd never received a message, I never knew. Now I do. I'm thankful for all of you. Thank you for spreading the word, even if you never know that you've planted a seed somewhere. Thank you for thinking about us when you hear about adoption. I know that there are many, many deserving adoptive families out there, and each time I hear of a family that has had the chance to adopt, I'm grateful for friends like you who support them and help them the way you've helped us. If I can ever return the favor, let me know. I will.
P.S. If you want some pass along cards, and you haven't let me know yet via Facebook, let me know, and I'll get you on my list to send you some!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know what you are thinking!