Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Wal-Mart Pet Peeve

So, I'm pretty sure that I can't make a pet peeve list for Wal-Mart because I find a new one every trip. However, I have noticed a recurring Wal-Mart problem (and I was never good at science). Am I the only one that gets shocked by Wal-Mart shopping carts? If I don't hold on to the plastic handle, I get continuously shocked. I understand that the plastic handles are shock absorbers, but still, if I hold on to any part of the metal cart, I feel as if I have constant pricking in my hands and arms. Ouch! What is with all the static electricity there?

Oh, and I know that I'm not always dressed to the "nines" (more like the "negative eleventeens") when I go shopping there, but I really hope that on one of my "I just don't care days" that I don't end up on this website:

People of Wal-Mart

Oh, and I really wish we'd gotten a picture of "Santa" on Saturday. Ugh. . . He didn't even know how to wear the beard -- the mouth hole was above his mouth, and his brown hair was hanging out of his cap. Jackson didn't even acknowledge "Santa" even after we were asked if we wanted a "free" picture. Both Matt and I decided that the only way we would consider putting Jackson on that man's lap was if they were to pay us. Even then, it would have been iffy.

4 comments:

  1. haha! You're fantastic. Haven't had any trouble with the carts--maybe the problem is centralized in your area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the floor in the Springville Wal-Mart. I've noticed it ever since they "remodeled". I have a love/hate relationship with that store. I hate shopping there but I can't afford to shop anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Alta is right. I get shocked ALL THE TIME! I end up holding the plastic thing on the cart with two fingers...just waiting for another jolt. Have you tried touching the doors to the milk fridge without de-electrifying yourself? Yikes! The same thing happens to me at Costco. Must be something in the concrete floors...and maybe it's also that we have energized personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeMira,

    Thanks for introducing me to Cakewrecks months ago. It has brought many, many laughs into our home!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!