You get two posts in one day. Why? Because I'm barely holding it together. Today has been eventful. I have a new niece and got to hold that sweet, blonde baby girl. I'm glad I didn't check my email until after I visited my sister-in-law in the hospital.
I have been trying very hard to not let nerves get the best of me the past few days. Over the last week, our profile was shown to two different sets of birth parents. Our profile hasn't been shown to any for almost six months -- this was big news for us! My caseworker has been very good and gives us updates when she has them. However, I falsely got my hopes up when I hadn't heard anything for a few days. I assumed that we were "under consideration." I received the news this evening that the birth parents didn't even take our profile home.
The things I know include the following:
I KNOW we are supposed to adopt.
I KNOW it will happen in the Lord's time.
What makes it hard? I'm human. I have very strong emotions that I'm learning to control, and I can't always do that very well (like at this moment -- glad you can't see my face).
Thank you, Jana, for chatting with me today. Thank you for telling me about the talk. I'm going to be reading it every day for a while. I need a reminder. I'm not yet as Job, but sometimes I feel like Jacob's Rachel (from the Old Testament). For those of you who feel like you are waiting for a break, a promised blessing, or something greater, read this talk. The Lord doesn't forget.
Claim the Exceeding Great and Precious Promises by Spencer J. Condie.
Again, thank you all for loving us enough to think of us and pray for us. We love you back.
I'm so sorry LeMira. We will pray for you.
ReplyDeleteOh LeMira, I'm so sorry! Many thoughts and prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteWhat awful news. I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry, we'll keep praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI was telling Jeff last night about what you and I chatted about, and we were talking about the blessing it is to be able to support other people in trials when you've been through the same one yourself. It makes "mourning with those that mourn" a little easier, and it's one of those promised blessings of "enduring it well"...or at least enduring it.
ReplyDelete