Thursday, April 29, 2010

On the Lighter Side

I've posted heavily on the infertility subject lately, but I don't want you to think that if you haven't experienced it that you I'm trying to make you feel guilty. No, that's not it at all. In fact, I shared the links with you because I felt these women knew how to put in words and video some things that I couldn't articulate as well.

Being a Mom is wonderful, too. I am grateful for my little guy. We're the best of buds, and I know that he wants a baby, too. This morning, in fact, he asked, "Mom, can we have our baby Emily?" Matt and I had to answer that we have to pray really hard for her because we can't get her without Heavenly Father's help. And yes, Jackson feels very strongly that he has a little sister waiting to come to our home. He's always felt that way, especially lately.

So, in light of being a mom and a woman, I want to reintroduce you to Anita Renfroe. I say "reintroduce" because I know I posted her "Mom Song" a while ago. And now I would like to post two other songs of hers that I love. Before I do, though, you really need to see Taylor Swift's video of "A Love Story."

Okay, now here is Anita Renfroe's version (all of you young moms and moms who have had young children will love this):

A (More Real) Love Story


And now for those of us who are learning to deal with aging and loving our bodies:

Wrinkled Ladies


Want to see more? Visit her website: Anita Renfroe

P.S. The best part about these videos is that Jackson loves them. While watching the first video, he said, "Oh, that's a cute baby." (I hope he remembers just how cute the baby is when she's screaming in our house.) Then he climbed onto the bus singing to the tune of "All the Wrinkled Ladies."

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I especially related with the bit about kids drinking and wetting the bed and the part about not showering in 3 days. Oh yes. That is the real story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "pit shaving" dance move. I'm adding that one to my repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you find those videos. Those are so funny! I really liked the love story one since it totally relates...plus it is our anniversary so I am really excited to go on a date!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!