Saturday, May 22, 2010

TK Bowling - May 7, 2010

This year I've been able to go to on all but one of Jackson's field trips. (I was sick in December and just couldn't do it.) The culmination of them all was the bowling trip. Jackson was very excited because he loves to bowl. The bowling alley requested that the kids use the ramps to get the ball down the lane, and they put up bumpers. In all honesty, I needed the bumpers more than Jackson.



Jackson was not a good sport with the pictures either. He didn't have time to stop and smile at me when there was as screen full of scores and numbers to watch after each attempt. In the first picture, he's pointing at the screen behind me because he was mad that I made him stop so I could get a picture.
I had issues with my camera that day; the lighting in the bowling alley confused it, I think. (C'mon, I'm not going to admit that it was "User Error.")


Here's an example Jackson bowling. Of course, he wanted to use the 10-pound ball rather than wait for the lighter one to return, and you get to see how he reacts to his obviously interfering Mother.



The entire time we bowled he did not want to use the ramp. He wanted to bowl himself without that thing, so on his last turn, I let him push the ball down the lane.




We had a good time, and Jackson beat my score. I don't remember what we got, but yes, he beat me. Did I mention that I'm not a good bowler? Below is the best picture I could get of Jackson that day. Like I said, he was being a stinker and would not pose.

3 comments:

  1. Bowling this way looks pretty easy. I could even do it.
    This new comment system takes more steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your "The Day He Lived" post and cried. I'm so glad Jackson's doing so well... well enough to kick your butt at bowling! And I'm so glad I finally got to meet you. That was one of the best parts of my week last week!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!