Monday, June 7, 2010

Deja vu

Remember this post? I should add one more thing, they keep coming back to THE SAME PEOPLE. Yes, that includes me. Since I can't handle someone playing with my heart that way, I've decided to leave that adoption network for now and stick with where I know I'm safe. I took the risk the second time, and it was torture and pain. I need to rest a while from it. I'm not defeated, I still believe in adoption, and I am strong. Sometimes you just have to walk away, though, from the things that would tear you down. For now, that site is one of them.

** Clarification: I realize some of you may be reading this for the first time. I was scammed once before, just two weeks ago. I had the whole story posted on my blog while it was private for about a week. I'm not leaving LDSFS. No, I'm just leaving a networking site (that is sort of like Facebook, but for adoption). That's all.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry LeMira! That would be so hard! Especially since it's SO exciting to hear from a birth parent, but then when it's a scam, that would be so heartbreaking!

    I'm still quite confused, I feel like I missed something. I saw your post you referenced here, but did you post another story about it somewhere else on your blog before it? And now, it happened again!? Do you mean you are leaving the LDSFS adoption site, or another network?
    Sorry for all the questions!
    I pray you can be helped in recovering from these experiences!
    Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It will happen for us both! Just keep thinking happy thoughts! Glad I met you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stop by the r house every so often--so I had heard about the scam and re-scam that recently happened. What a horrible thing to do to a person/family! I know that the right birth mom will find you guys. You guys are wonderful, you're living right, and you will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you already and hope you're ok. We'll survive this. She's sick. We both know that! Doesn't make it right. BTW, the account was deleted today. I hope you get some peace in taking a break.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. And did you find my goofy practice blog? There was a hit from Utah today. LOL

    Thinking of you my friend and hope all is well. Our time is coming...

    :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true that there are some things you just have to block out, or stay away from, so that you can function properly. Gook Luck! Take care! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!