Friday, August 20, 2010

Aug. 2, 2010: Blueberry Picking

When Cassie asked me what we wanted to do while we were in Bellingham, one of the first things that popped into my head was Berry Picking.  I knew that up in Washington that they have U-Pick places all over.  While we were up there, it was blueberry picking time.  I couldn't wait!  I love blueberries, and how could I resist when they were so inexpensive?!

Here are some Berry Picking Pointers:

1.  Give your husband the camera and make him take all of the pictures!

2.  Equip EVERYONE with a bucket.  More buckets = more berries!

3.  Make sure everyone is working the entire time.  No shirking!

4.  Taste the product to make sure you get your money's worth enjoy the full experience.

5.  Fill your bucket to the brim. . . or uh, pick as many as you want.

6.  If you have hands, you're not too young to pick.

7. Don't forget to pull a few weeds stop and smell the flowers along the way.


This was such a great experience.  The blueberries were only $1.50 per pound, and Cassie let me bag and freeze some to take home with me.  Luckily, we had a cooler and friends along the way who shared their freezer space.  So far, I've made muffins, pancakes, and smoothies with my blueberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you are thinking!