Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cherry On Top

When I first started researching adoption blogs and adoption in general on the internet, I had no idea what impact that would have on my life.  Not only did I learn some very valuable truths, and my mind was opened to so many new ideas (for me), I have gained some amazing friends.  The funny thing is, I haven't met any of them in person.  I've talked to a few on the phone and on Skype, but I've never met them. . .yet.   (By the way, if any of you ever come to my neck of the woods, you'd better let me know so you can come to dinner, or I'll come meet you just to give you a hug!)

My adoption friend Kelsey, from "The Birth Mother Voice," gave me a blog award this week.  Me!  I was so honored by that award and still am. From the first blog post I read on Kelsey's blog, I knew I would be a forever follower even if our adoption path changes.  I admire Kelsey so much for putting her heart out there and telling her truths especially when she had been attacked by other birth mothers for believing the way she does.  She has been a mentor for many new birth mothers as well.

Kelsey is also an amazing mother who dedicates so much time for her boys.  I know she's that mom that all the other kids are jealous of because she's so spunky and fun!  She volunteers at their school (and just pulled off the Book Fair -- which is a lot of work, by the way).  Kelsey is also a dedicated wife to her very supportive husband.  So, receiving this award from Kelsey has meant a lot because I really look up to her.

Now I get to give my own!


It was very hard for me to pick because I read so many blogs that I just love. In no particular order, I present my Cherry on Top Awards:
Andy's Clan

For the "Cherry On Top" Award:
1. Link to the person who gave it to you!
2. Pass it on to 5 more people!
3. Leave a comment on their blog telling them about it!

P.S. I understand if you don't pass it on, but know that you earned this award just by being you and writing what you do!  I love reading all of your blogs.

7 comments:

  1. You are SO sweet! Thank you!

    And hey, if you are ever in Atlanta, hit me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a million bucks after reading this! What a beautiful description of my blog LeMira! Thank you so much for lifeting my day and always supporting me. Your award is well deserved my friend... not just on the computer, but in real life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the morale boost today...what a nice thing to do and say! I love reading your blog, too, and love your faith, determination, creativity in mothering, and sense of humor. Thanks for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen the blog What's Going On Here? the pampered chef lady caught me in my jammies post?
    Just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! And WAY TO GO on running the 5k. That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks... even though I haven't been blogging a ton, this is still really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!