This last month has been really hard. All of Jackson's demons, and in turn all of my demons have been haunting me. This burden I'm carrying suddenly got heavier this month, and at some points I made it even worse for me and for Jackson. I haven't been fair to him, and I've been doing my best to learn to combat my demons while helping with his.
Last week, though, my therapy arrived. I had forgotten how much I'd missed it until I started it up again. My two oldest brothers, and currently favorites for a while (sorry you other four, this was big), loaded it and drove it 350 miles and unloaded it for me. They even left tracks in my snow-lawn so I wouldn't forget the favor.
Matt came home from work, and we were worried that we'd need an army to bring it in, but my brother's truck made it all the way to the front door, and we didn't even need a dollie or the Elders Quorum! It is not new, but it was free. It's been a part of me since before I can remember. I have pictures of me sitting there since I was a toddler and all the way through adulthood. I am sad my mom doesn't have it anymore, but I'm so, so thankful for it. I know Matt and Jackson are grateful as well. This is my therapy:
My "therapy" fits every mood. Whether I am angry, depressed, jubilant, or just at ease, the piano restores my balance, it helps me find my center again. My yelling has decreased. Admittedly, Matt was sad that it wasn't a new or magnificent instrument and that it is out of tune, but that will be fixed soon. The best part is that it was FREE, and Matt doesn't have to hear the words, "when I get my piano" anymore because I have it. The only downsides are that I could play it all day and lose track of time and that I can't turn down the volume.
Move over Computer! The piano is going to be my newly restored addiction.
To my brothers, mom and dad, THANK YOU!






So, I'm a nerd. Want to know how you can tell? Well, because I'm totally intrigued reading, reading, reading. I was thinking, "Dude, that musta been a heck of a play set!" Then when I see your piano, I start bawling! (I should mention, it's that time of the month). But I totally get it! I LOVE my piano!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You have GOT to check out "Paul Cardall" at Deseret Book. They're really easy to play, but they're SOOO beautiful!
Oh, I agree! This is like THE BEST for whatever is happening. We didn't have a piano for about 12 years. Just a keyboard (not the same at all!). So happy for you! Happy Playing!
ReplyDeleteI wondered why the truck needed to go over the lawn...then I grabbed the sides of my computer monitor and screamed when I saw your piano!! YOU GOT YOUR PIANO!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember when we got my piano. From then on I sat down and played and played whenever I felt good or awful or in-between. Congratulations! Hugs to your Brother!!
Matt will be happy it isn't a new or magnificent instrument the first time Jackson runs a car into it. Or some other hard object.
As much as you try to admit it...I still can't imagine you EVER yelling!! I think piano music in a home, in or out of tune, brings a great spirit...especially when the practicing part is over and the song is finally learned. So happy for you...and it's beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteVery, very nice!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love this post!!!! My therapy was also my piano, I had to sell it a few years ago to move across country. I can't wait to bring another one into my life. I am thrilled for you :)
ReplyDeleteTherapy never looked so good ... or should I say SOUNDED so good! Love your spirit LeMira!
ReplyDelete