As Matt was packing his suitcase on Sunday in preparation for his business trip for the week, Jackson asked if he could pack his as well for his "field trip." So, he went downstairs, brought up his suitcase, and packed it. I smiled as he explained and showed what he had in there:
two different kinds of clocks (an analog and a digital)
his buddy (hospital buddy)
his Mickey
a measuring tape
a digital timer
a water bottle
During Sunday dinner, he announced that he only had seven minutes to eat because he had to catch his bus -- the one that would take him to Idaho. He was going to visit three places: Idaho, Indiana, and California. I understood Indiana (where we're going in July) and California (he really wants to visit his Great-Grandma Topsy and her Cookie Monster toy), but I didn't understand Idaho. When I asked who he was going to visit, he couldn't answer me and tried to dodge the question; so, I suggested his uncle and aunt who live there.
Jackson only had time to go to Idaho before we had to take Daddy to the airport. When we got back, he decided he needed to go to Indiana and then California. I sat amused on my front porch watching him "travel" around our circle, stop, open up his suitcase, close it back up, then return home from "Indiana."
I asked him to tell me what he was doing. Apparently, I was a little confused about where he went first, as you can tell on the video.
And then he took off to California -- which was in the opposite direction of Indiana (at least that part is correct), down the street and around the corner, apparently. The funniest part of this is that his California is to the east and his Indiana is to the northwest.
Overall, he said it was a good trip.







*I* know why he wanted to come to Idaho (you KNOW I'm going there, right?!)! Because IDAHO is AWESOME! The only way Idaho could ever POSSIBLY be any cooler, is if you and Mary lived up/down here too! :)
ReplyDeleteThat makes me laugh though, J. is such an adorable character!
What a fun way to take a few little trips! Lots of measuring stuff went with him, I noticed. Looks like a pleasant summer evening in your neck of the woods....
ReplyDelete