Friday, September 30, 2011

A Friend is. . .

Have you ever realized that you've known someone for so long, but that you don't even really know that person.  The past few days I've been thinking about a person in my life who knows so very much about my family and me.  She has been so very connected to us for about a year, and I've spilled my guts to her about many things.  What do I know about her?  I know where she works.  I know her name.  I know a few other particulars about her, but not much. 

I realized that it is very disconcerting for me to not know much about her.  I feel like I owe her a lot because she has been so very helpful to our family, to me.  She's become a friend, and yet I feel like I've taken more in the friendship than I've given.  I think it's time I be a listener and I give back to her.  If my friend is reading, I hope she knows that I think very highly of her, and I wish, I really, really wish that one day all of the good she is doing for so many people who hurt will come back to bless her in ways innumerable.  That one day, she will feel like she has found her happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. That was sweet, LeMira. Very, very sweet. And I think I may know who you are talking about and I agree with your hopes for her.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!