Cole was one week old on Monday. It was that night that he outgrew his newborn diapers. Literally, overnight. One diaper was fine, then next, too small.
I've had several people ask me how I'm adjusting to having a newborn, and I've had a lot of opportunity to compare this experience with Jackson's babyhood. Yes, the waking every three hours is an adjustment, but I know that it will pass. The things I'm most amazed with is how quickly a child can go through diapers and formula. Jackson had bad reflux, and he only ate until he was barely full. Cole eats until the bottle is drained or until he's asleep (we're working on that one, too).
Diapers, well, Jackson only had his diaper changed when he ate at the most, sometime less. Cole, well, let's just say he goes through diapers quicker.
The umbilical cord was a different experience. Jackson was worried about it all, and we've had several discussions on biology. He was pretty nervous when I talked about the doctors cutting the cord that I meant that they would cut open his belly. I had some explaining to do.
Here's a comparison shot for you. Here he was at 2 days old.


What, Tennis Shoes already?!?! Boy Howdy, Cole IS growing fast!
ReplyDelete