Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What Jackson is Made of

  • Trinkets in his pockets (for example, the other day I found 2 rubber bands, a pink eraser, and a plastic dinosaur)
  • Snow Boots: If there's a sprinkling of snow, he clomps around in snow boots and swishes his snow pants all day long.
  • Swing:  The best thing my husband ever did for Jackson was to build a fort and put up a swing for him.  He swings way past the dark hours.
  • Dates:  If the date is important he saves it in his memory bank.  
  • Ages:  He'll never forget how old you are, and he'll post it next to your bed so you don't forget either (this was taken last May, FYI).

  • Time and Temperature:  No need to call that number anymore, he'll tell you.

  • Time:  Want to know how many minutes until your special appointment, just ask Jackson.  This kid knows elapsed time better than fifth graders.
  • Clocks:  He owns at least five clocks and two watches.  Both digital clocks are plugged in at all times near his bed.  (I would take a picture, but baby is sleeping.)
  • Penguins:  This picture with Natalie (last May) who is playing with Jackson, says it all:

  • Music:  He doesn't necessarily like to sing with a crowd, but he'll listen to a song until he memorizes beats, rhythms, and melodies.
  • Maps:  My son can tell you where every state is and a cool fact about each one (thanks to the game my mom got him for his birthday); he knows where Egypt and Australia are; and his greatest wishes right now are to live in Alaska, Hawaii, and Antarctica to visit the penguins.
  • Pizza:  This kid could eat pizza every day of his life and be content; however, if we don't eat it on Friday nights, I get an earful. . .


  • Movies and Shows:  He'll watch shows over and over again and quote them just for you.  He'll ask, "Mom, are we out of syrup?" because Curious George needed some on his show. 
  • The Grip:  If you've met Jackson, you've felt his grip.  He can cripple the strongest man, I'm sure of it. 
  • Cousins: 


  • Hugs:  You won't be allowed to leave him until he squeezes you. 
  • Big Brother:  He adores his baby brother.  Yesterday I sat and just enjoyed the giggles that burst from each of my boys as they interacted with each other.  There's a bond there that I thank the Lord every day for.

  • A Best Friend:  Need one?  Look no further.  My boy will love you until the day he dies.

3 comments:

  1. Just look at that writing! How beautiful the sentiment expressed in it! Such a loving young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and I miss Jacksonisms!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!