Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Day Before Easter Celebrations. . .

We started the day by stopping off at the cemetery for our traditional visit to Clarissa's grave.  I had my moment with my thoughts, her, and then with Matt.  I cried because I missed her and then cried some more because I'm so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who died and was resurrected so we can be, and so she can live forever as a perfect child of God.
 

 We spent most of the day at the zoo with Cole's birth mom.  He loved the animals and liked to point and talk to them through the glass.  He loved watching the giraffe lick the bottom of its chin, and he HATED the carousel.

Jackson enjoyed watching the seal show -- we watched as the trainers got the seals to do tricks for us.  He also really liked riding the carousel (always a favorite of his), and learning about some of the reptiles.

Matt loved hearing the tiger roar and clear its throat (well, at least it sounded like it had a hairball); and my favorite was the polar bear jumping in and out of the water.


Later in the evening, I helped the boys color Easter eggs.  They loved it.  Cole turned green and even bit into one and was surprised at the feel and taste of the egg.  Jackson just had a blast dipping the eggs.  The last one he put in three different colors, and let it soak in the last one.  It created a really neat looking egg.





After baths, you couldn't tell that we had color everywhere.

More celebrations tomorrow, I hope. . . 

Happy Easter Eve!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful day for a trip to the zoo! That elephant looks well-decorated, as does Cole. That last picture is an armful of love.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!