Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The urge to write

Tonight I'm sitting at my computer chatting online with a friend while Matt has gone back into work (he's on-call this week).  The boys are sound asleep.  I was scrolling through my blog, which has long been lying dormant, and I found some Halloween posts from years ago.  Wow, has our family changed and grown since then!

A year and a half ago, I started my healthy journey as I tried to change my habits.  It was a flop, to be honest. However, because of that journey and the self-discoveries I made, I was able to find what I needed.  Basically, I yo-yoed all year long, only losing 25 pounds, and then in December of 2013, I found something that has completely changed my life.  I'm officially 80 pounds lighter than when I started my journey in January 2013.  Below is my before and after.  The picture on the left was taken in November 2012 right when I was deciding that I could not live like that any longer.  The picture on the right was taken in July 2014.  I officially began this new lifestyle in December 2013 and subsequently have lost the 80 pounds and have kept it off.  My goal is to reach my goal weight by Thanksgiving this year.

Yes, I have changed physically, but the most significant changes have come from within.  I believe in myself.  I love myself.  I am becoming a dreamer.  I used to believe that my life was given to me a certain way, and that was the path I had to take.  Guess what?  I can blaze a new trail.  Guess what?  I can be what I want to be.  Sure, there are going to be surprises and obstacles, but I can overcome them.  I am becoming a finisher.  For the first time in my life, I truly believe I can be what I want to be, and I understand that the only thing standing in my way is ME.

The Lord has blessed my family immensely, and I'm reaching my potential. I'm not there -- I have a long way to go, but I now see that it is possible. I  thank the Lord every day for leading me and showing me the way.

The statement at the top of the blog, "Now. Forever. No Matter What" is truly what has kept me on this path.  My husband, Matt, is my match in every way.  Cliche?  Maybe.  True. Definitely.  I love this man with every fiber in my being, and I know that without his confidence and unconditional love for me, I would not have been able to find me. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your statements, "I can be what I want to be" and "I am becoming a finisher." I think I could really use the second one in my life right now. So many "things" are cluttering my home - I only this week realized that they are all "projects" that need to be "finished." So I am starting to change my thoughts about them!
    Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!