4:00 a.m. Cole wakes up scared; I go down to comfort him then struggle to fall back to sleep.
5:00 a.m. Matt's alarm goes off so he can get ready to take off to NYC.
5:15 a.m. My alarm goes off
5:30 a.m. I roll out of bed, read my scriptures, kiss my husband good-bye and do some work on the computer before the kids get up.
7:00 a.m. Kids are up; I scrambled to make pancakes (not as fast when you cook gluten-free).
7:20 a.m. Kids are eating; I shower, get dressed, get Cole dressed, tell Jackson 5 times to make a lunch.
7:45 a.m. Pick up carpool kids, drop them of at school.
8:00 a.m. Drive to Target to buy a cute red sweater for the Veterans' Day assembly and throw some money at a few $1 items in the bins for Christmas stuff.
9:00 a.m. (Because it took me longer than I thought, and I tried on more than one outfit), I finally head to the BSA store for the badges/awards needed for Pack Night.
9:45 a.m. Go home, get a quick snack, grab the keys, and head to the church.
10:00 a.m. Set up for Pack Night -- I did NOT want to be doing that with two kids alone.
11:00 a.m. Go home, eat an early lunch, put Cole in front of Thomas the Train, and get some more work done on the computer.
1:00 p.m. Take Cole to the babysitter and jet over to the school to meet and greet veterans.
2:00 p.m. Watch Jackson's school's Veterans' Day program barely with dry eyes. Most AMAZING program I've ever seen. Jackson's class sang the Armed Forces Medley this year -- my favorite!
3:15 p.m. Take carpool kids home, get Cole, do a little more work.
4:15 p.m. Eat an early dinner, round up the rest of pack night items to have ready.
4:45 p.m. Take Jackson to his CrossFit class, go to get a thank-you treat for our guest speaker, order pizza for the boys.
5:30 p.m. Wait back at CrossFit for Jackson and get some professional development reading in.
6:00 p.m. Pick up the pizza, scuttle home, make Jackson take a shower, get everyone fed, type up the agenda for pack night, run out the door at 6:45p.m.
6:45 p.m. Pack Night -- a few kids already there -- running around getting last minute items ready.
7:00 p.m. Leaders arrive help with the gathering activity. We get going on the program.
7:25 p.m. Guest speaker still not arrived (knew he was going to be a little late), improvise with "citizenship charades."
7:35 p.m. Guest speaker still not arrived -- have the closing prayer and start packing up.
7:40p.m. Guest speaker arrives -- scurry to find everyone and get them back sitting down. The projector is too old, so we can show his slide show because we don't have the right cables. He talks and tells about what he does.
8:00 p.m. clean up
8:15 p.m. Arrive at home. Jackson, helping Cole out of the car, accidentally slams Cole's pinky finger in the door. I yell, then quickly apologize and get Cole situated.
8:40 p.m. After getting Cole's finger iced and taped and getting some ibuprofen, I get them in pjs and we call Dad.
8:50 p.m. Family Prayer and bedtime.
9:00 p.m. Sing the boys a song and lights out.
And now I'm here. . . I'm wiped out just typing this all out. Why'd I do that? Oh, yeah, because my husband is in New York and I need SOME way to wind down to keep me out of the cupboards. Next time, I'm going to NYC with him!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know what you are thinking!