HAHAHA!! A joke. Day 6 -- was there even a day six to count? I mean, at least I'm doing my "scribing" for the day. I know I said some affirmation at one point. The miracle of the day is that my kids are all in bed and alive after
the chaos and tantrums and exhaustion of just trying to get them to bed.
I can give you THE reason I didn't do the routine this morning -- 1:30 a.m. bedtime. There was NO way I was going to be able to get up at 5:00 to do my miracle morning. My mom and dad are visiting, which means my mom and I talked until 1:00, Emmy woke up at 1:15, and I knew that it wasn't happening this morning. Sure enough, Cole and Emmy were up at 6:00, which means I was. It was a full day with family plans, starting at 7:00 a.m. Most of my goals were flying out the window except for the connecting with my kids part, that did happen today with Jackson.
Does that mean I failed because there was no Miracle Morning? Am I a quitter? No, I don't think so. I know a habit becomes a habit because you do it over and over and over again, but that doesn't mean that you're going to be perfect at it when you start. The more you do it, the more it becomes a habit and the more you think about it. It's a process and takes time. Progress doesn't come because of perfection, perfection is a result of progression. You will fall, you will falter and stumble, but as long as you get up, learn from the stumble and try to avoid it, you are still moving forward.
Here's one of my favorite depictions of this concept (found via Google):
Not that long ago, I would have been very hard on myself for not accomplishing my goal today and being self-disciplined because so many people do it and are successful, and I won't be, and blahblahnegativeselftalkblahblahblah. Well, the key to being successful is to keep going. I'm not giving up, and I'm committing to doing this and changing my life. While it's not perfect, I'm looking forward to having more on-target days than not. It's going to happen. It'll take time, but I'm shedding that outer shell of mediocrity.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know what you are thinking!