Thursday, May 21, 2015

It's in the Preparation

In middle school and then in high school, I took a keyboarding class -- of course, back then it was called Type 1.  Our teacher had us type lines each week to get our speed up.  These "lines" were always motivational, uplifting quotes.  I only remember a handful of those quotes, but one that I will never forget and has always stuck with me is

"If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail." 

How true that statement is!  I've seen that principle in action repeatedly in my life.   Yesterday it hit home again.  I didn't have a healthy meal plan for the day -- figuring I could "wing" it when the time came.  Uh, yeah, no.  The afternoon was a little emotionally crazy for me, which it usually is, and since I didn't have a plan for dinner, guess who didn't make dinner and we ended up eating a less healthy choice and spending money as well?  So, today I have a dinner plan and will get it going earlier in the day so that when "arsenic hour" hits (a phrase coined by a friend of mine), I can push through it and keep my goals and make healthy choices, be a good mom, and have a great evening.

"Today I shed my old skin, which hath, too long, suffered the bruises of failure and the wounds of mediocrity." ~Og Mandino

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you are thinking!