So if you come and visit our site very often, you notice that I change it up all the time. We think we've finally found a template that we both like. Matt never puts anything up, but he didn't really like what I had chosen for the whole look thing. I think we've found something we both like now.
Anyway, life has been crazy the last few days. On Sunday we noticed some blisters on Jackson's mouth, and by Monday evening he started fevering. Tuesday morning we were able to break his fever, and by school time, he seemed well enough to go. He was laughing, playing, and had no obvious sick symptoms. So, I sent him. By Tuesday night he was fevering again. When he woke up on Wednesday, he had little red bumps on his face that resembled chicken pox. I was a little nervous because Jackson had been vaccinated against chicken pox, and there weren't very many bumps. I was confused. I took him to the doctor, and it turned out to be strep. Needless to say, he won't be going to school for the rest of the week.
Being a mom seems to be a lot of "guess and check" work. Many people have written books to help and give advice, but I still feel like it comes down to "Mother's Instinct." Sometimes I wonder if some moms have more than others. Am I too easy going and not worried enough? Do I worry at the wrong times, when I don't need to be worrying? If any of you moms have great advice, I'll take it.
I just watched some program on tv not too long ago that said that mother's instinct has been proven to be best. Kind of a duh statement, but most likely true. As long as you're not impaired in some way like getting drunk or abusing your kid, your instinct will never steer you wrong. Even Pediatricians don't always know better than mom. You're the best thing Jackson's got. I wonder if there's a dad instinct. Hmm. Naw.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jamie. My pediatrician has given me all sorts of crazy advice. You really have to follow your own gut.
ReplyDeleteI'm lucky in that my pediatrician told me within the first couple of appointments that my mother's instinct takes precedence over everything. It's just knowing whether or not the instinct is right or not.
ReplyDeleteI say go with your mothers instincts everytime LeMira. God gave 'em for that purpose! I also think that most parenting books were written on a wing and a prayer that someone would buy them so that poor mom could stay home with her kids ;-)
ReplyDelete