Thursday, May 17, 2007

Adoption -- here we come!

We're so excited to announce that we've been approved to adopt! Our caseworker called this afternoon to congratulate us. The next step for our little family is to find a birth mother or wait for a birth mother to find us. Currently we have two websites up where you can keep track of our family. This one is the first, and the second website is solely for our adoption progress and for potential birth parents to visit as it has no identifying information. That URL is http://mattandlemira.blogspot.com. We are working on getting a profile up on the LDS Family Services website. When we do, we'll let you know about that address.
So why are we giving you all of this information? Well, the best way to adopt is to get the word out that we're looking. We need your help! Send word out that we're adopting. Mention our website and email address to those who may be looking for adoptive parents. If you have any questions at all for us, you can email us at mattandlemira@gmail.com. No question is a dumb question for us.
Anyway, thank you all for your support. A special thanks for those who have personally helped us on our journey to this point.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! We are so excited for your family. We hope that a sweet little baby will find your family soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! LeMira that is fantastic. I actually had a friend who was helping her son and his girlfriend look for a family to adopt her new grandson, they placed him... but I will let you know if I hear of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting! I sure hope it goes quickly for you guys! Of course, waiting is never an easy thing, but it seems it is something we all need to learn in this life. Wait, wait, wait...patience, patience! It's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you!! Best of luck and I will for sure keep you in mind if I know of anyone. Did you know the Zimmerman's adopted a baby boy? They have been waiting to be parents for so long, I was so happy for them. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's wonderful...I hope it all goes well for you. Good luck, and we'll keep our ears open.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting. No one could ask for better parents. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!