Friday, May 27, 2011

Special to Me

With the summer comes a new morning routine which includes a few more chores for Jackson than during the school year.  I get excited because it means that my living room gets dusted.  Dusting is probably my least favorite chore, but when it's one of Jackson's chores, I help him, and the whole room gets dusted. 

Anyway. . . the other day he was dusting, and I told him to be careful with a couple of the statues on the shelf because they are very special to me.  One is a Lladro that my brother and sister-in-law gave me when Jackson was in the hospital as a preemie (you can't find mine on that page anymore because I think it's no longer available), and the other is Clarissa's.  He did a great job.  When he got to the piano, he picked up the picture of my mom and dad, and said, "I need to be careful with this one because it's special to me." 



Melt my heart.

Yesterday was my parents' 41st anniversary.  (Yes, it is possible!)  My parents have had their struggles, and my mom would tell you that it isn't anything special because every marriage has its ups and downs.  No marriage is easy.  I would agree with her, except on the "not anything special" part.  Their marriage is special to me.  The world would tell you that if it's too hard, you should leave, give up.  There are more fish in the sea.  Well, I'm glad my parents didn't give up, even when it was the hardest.  I'm grateful my parents still struggle and work through life together. 

Right now life is especially hard for them as they take care of my grandmother who has been ill for a few years.  The toll on their own health has been great.  Their sacrifice has been truly Christlike.  Their example of endurance and strength is a reminder to me that when life is tough, it is worth it to push through. 

Mom and Dad,  I love you.

You are special to me, too.

4 comments:

  1. You have your Dad's smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very happy together! I like the corsages they are wearing. Hmm, Maybe I'll plan something for next year and get corsages. I'd like that.
    Thank you for this picture, LeMira. I'm glad you have such nice parents.
    Mom-Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I keep writing it, but I love that kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad they have stuck through it also. They are an inspiration. Our generation doesn't know how to stick it out anymore makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!