Last night as I tucked my children in for the night, I felt like I had failed as a mother for the day. I even said to myself, "I don't want to be a mom today." I ended on a very low note. I've decided that I need some affirmations that are focused on helping with my mission, which is to build a lasting relationship and connection with my husband and children. Part of that mission is to learn to control my anger. While I have some strategies I've been using, I believe I need some affirmations to say every morning.
Right now, I feel like my children can't trust me. It is a punch to the gut to see them flinch when I'm upset. Sometimes I feel out of control -- my mood can shift so quickly, like a wave on the sea. I'm tired of going to bed at night and regretting my actions as a mother throughout the day. I'm tired of failing and accepting mediocrity in my life. I'm ready to make lasting changes with my emotions. I'm ready to be a calming influence for my children. I'm ready to speak kindly when I'm upset, to breathe deeply and slowly when I need to calm down, to let my children's emotions wash around me - not through me. I'm ready to be a positive example to my children of how to handle stressful situations.
I'm grateful for the internet and that there are people who share their talents and knowledge. I found a few websites, but I really liked FreeAffirmations.org because it was simple and really helpful. It has basic Anger Management affirmations that I could choose from, and it was positive.
Here are some affirmations I'm going to try to use that I found on that website:
I am in control.
I will become a positive person whom others can turn to without fear.
Managing anger will help to repair and strengthen my bond to friends and family.
Today I shed my old skin of mediocrity. Today I say good-bye to my old self and start anew.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know what you are thinking!