Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Attitude Is Everything

My thoughts for today come from a brief article in a past Ensign issue (emphasis added):

Elder Richard G. Scott said that the Lord’s healing “can mean being cured, or having your burdens eased, or even coming to realize that it is worth it to endure to the end patiently, for God needs brave sons and daughters who are willing to be polished when in His wisdom that is His will” (Ensign, May 1994, p. 7).

These are some strong words. To realize that a trial is worth it just to endure through a trial is a major shift in attitude, and I think I'm starting to feel that way about certain trials in my life.  With the studying I've been doing in the past month, especially the past week, about anger management and meekness, I finally am realizing and seeing that it isn't what is happening in my life that makes a difference, but how I react and perceive it all.  My high school English teacher had the words "Attitude is Everything" in huge letters on her wall for all the years she taught, and while I believed it, I think I now know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you are thinking!