Monday, July 13, 2015

Day One, Again

I love that the Lord created the world in such a way that we can have do-overs.  Each morning we can arise and start again.  We have the night to rest and recover from our mistakes and wake up fresh (hopefully) to a new day.  This pattern follows the Lord's pattern of repentance and forgiveness.  It's in His nature to let us try again and again.  The goal is that we are slipping a little less and doing better with each do-over.  Our Father loves us so much, he wants us to keep trying and to never give up.  He wants us to be back with him.

I'm grateful that I started posting in June.  I have to be honest that as I went back and read, I kept telling myself, "I wrote that?!"  They were things I needed to hear again, and it's only been a little over a month since I wrote them.  I am human.  I HAVE slipped into a few of my old ways.  I am noticing that if I don't focus every single day to change my habits, they like to come back swinging their way into my life. 

For my study this morning, I found a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland called "The Peaceable Things of the Kingdom."  I'm constantly amazed how when we are trying, the Lord directs us to what we need most.  I needed to read that talk about forgiveness and mercy.  I needed to be reminded that not only can I be forgiven and shown mercy, but that I, too, am expected to show that same mercy and forgiveness to those around me.  I need to be more patient and long suffering with my children.  I've got to find a new habit loop to keep me from "cracking" when the tantrums and screaming seem relentless (such as yesterday's episode with child#2). 

So, here I am starting my Miracle Morning over again.  This time, I think I need a better tracker and need to check in more with my accountability partner (I have one, I just need to do my part).  I'm going to move forward and not let my setbacks keep me back.  Dr. Wayne Andersen, one of the mentors that I admire and look up to has said (I'm paraphrasing), "Let your past be your university, not your prison." So, today I'm pushing the "reset" button and starting over, but this time, it's a little further ahead than the last time, and I'm at a better starting point.  I'm not truly starting OVER, but starting AGAIN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you are thinking!