Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Refilling the Cup

Today's thought about raising and rearing children in righteousness comes from Elder Quentin L. Cook
 
Even when there are significant challenges and some things go very wrong, most children are resilient, and the trust that is built by loving relationships with parents, especially the mother, can result in lasting, lifetime happiness. 
 
Everyday I find that there are things I need more help in and need to refocus and renew my efforts to be kind and patient.  I have gotten angry in the last three weeks, and to be honest, it was because I was not refilling my cup every day.  With an empty cup, it's hard to show love and patience and to give quality time to those closest to me.  And how I do I fill my cup each day?  

Prayer
Scripture Study
Exercise
Making healthy choices
Serving others 

Today I'm up early (when baby wakes up early, it's easier to stay up rather than feel like I didn't get sleep by going to bed for one more hour), getting my day off to a good start with personal prayer and scripture study and exercise.  I'll be planning my day to stay busy, and by staying busy, I make healthier choices each day.  With my cup filled and being refilled throughout the day, I will be a better mother and wife.  

What refills your cup?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you are thinking!